What is Create Synchronicity?Create Synchronicity is a backup/synchronization tool that can help you protect your files, and keep your data up-to-date. You can use it for pretty much everything from copying your documents, pictures, music and videos to your USB Key or backup drive, to scheduling server backups with regex filtering and DST compensation.
Supported languagesCurrently available in English, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Dutch, Czech, Indonesian, Hebrew, Russian, Danish, Estonian, Bulgarian, Korean, and Chinese. You can help translating!
Create synchronicity has an easy and intuitive interface.
Configuring a backup is easy and fast. Got a USB drive/key/IPOD/etc.? You don't even need to know the drive letter!
Scheduling is a matter of a few clicks
(3, more precisely ;))
Create Synchronicity lets you select exactly what you want to backup.
You can refine your selection based on file types, or using regular expressions.
And Create Synchronicity generates readable and detailed logs after avery synchronization
Create Synchronicity is packed up with useful features:
- Fully customizable synchronization and backup, including:
- Precise selection of folders to back up: you can select which folders to synchronize, and even synchronize folders contents without synchronizing subfolders.
- Files inclusion and exclusion based on filename, extension, or regular expressions.
- 3 synchronization methods:
- One-way incremental
- Two-ways incremental
- (v3.5+) Full scheduling support (daily, weekly, monthly, at a particular time, etc.)
- (v5.1+) Catching up: automatically reschedule missed backups
- Clean, simple interface
- Comprehensive previews
- Comprehensive documentation, including expert features
- Support for multiple profiles
- Fully portable: settings are stored in individual configuration files
- (v4.0+) By-volume-label paths: Create Synchronicity can backup directly to "My Usb"\Documents for example, by automatically locating the drive labeled "My Usb".
- Advanced features:
- Profile groups
- Dynamic destinations (%DATE% recognized)
- Automatic translation of environment variables
- (v3.5+) Support for UNC (network) and relative paths
- Loose timing: allow file times to differ by a few seconds
- File/Folder exclusion using regular expressions
- (6.0+) Look-backwards date filters: discard files after a custom number of days.
- Command line support:
- Queue multiple profiles
- Text-only logs (tab-separated fields)
- (6.0+) Queue groups of profiles
- (6.0+) Generate application logs
- Expert mode:
- File size comparison
- Integrity checks when scanning and copying
- GZip / Bzip2 on-the-fly compression
- (6.0+) Pre-/Post-sync hook scripts: send yourself an e-mail when a backup completes!
Note: George Sotiriadis has written a fascinating SRS document for Create Synchronicity, and has kindly accepted to make it available to a wider audience. Thanks George!
Schools and businesses: the GNU General Public, under which Create Synchronicity is licensed, allows free use of this software by your organization. Please see the schools and businesses page for more information.
Should you wish to redistribute Create Synchronicity, please feel free to do so. Just let me know.